Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun, Friends, and Praise (Day 13)

With Natsuki at Chili's

Yesterday was a pretty full day. We were up at about 6:30 a.m. so that we could meet Juan at 8:30 a.m. Trust and believe that Juan is always on time, so we couldn't be late! As Tamika recently blogged about, Juan surprised us with a scenic flight around Tokyo and Yokohama. I've never been much for surprises, but I've become more apt to them now as I've gotten good ones. Yesterday's surprise was so awesome I can't even put it into words! I always saw the scenic flights on t.v., but never thought I'd take one. I don't call Juan my best friend for nothing ;-)

Afterwards, we headed into the city. Tamika and I went to dinner, and met Juan and Tisha later on that night to go bowling. For some strange reason, my bowling game is not as good as it used to be, and Juan ended up winning the game.

Today was a pretty restful day. I slept in pretty late (9 a.m.), while Tamika slept in even later! After heading to the fitness room, washing clothes, and mulling around the hotel room, Tamika and I got ready for our dinner date with our new friend Tisha.

After dinner, the three of us headed to bible study at Juan and Tisha's church. The group spoke about praying boldly to God, and how we should ask Him to guide our steps. We studied Hebrews 4:16, and how we should rely on God to supply all of our needs, but that we should also go boldly to Him and pray fervently. We must strive to make prayer a constant action in our lives, and feed our faith by studying the word of God. Interestingly enough, it was discussed that one can tell a Christian by the way they live their lives, and that they don't have to proclaim it to the world. This is something that I was discussing with Tisha and Tamika two days ago. God speaks to us in many ways--we just have to listen...

I have been very blessed to have a friend like Juan. Even in our silence we understand each other, and there is a commonality between us. Tamika and I are extremely blessed to have met Tisha and formed a new and beautiful friendship. I know that anyone that is a friend of Juan's is a beautiful person.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.
- Arabian Proverb




No comments:

Post a Comment